Thursday, March 03, 2005

Happy Birthday Yahell..errr Yahoo.

Yahoo and i have a love hate relationship. I started using Yahoo nearly 5 years ago. Back then, it was relatively free of hackers, bugs,stalkers and gremlins. It did not take long before i discovered chat rooms, and what a blast i had in them; Yahoo introduced me to some creepy, wierd and wonderful people from many walks of life and many parts of the world. UNTIL, i started to get "booted" out of the rooms because some wise arse had a booting program! UNTIL, i would spend endless hours trying to get into rooms only to have the "this room is full" icon flare up at me. UNTIL, i had to spend on numerous occasions, hours logging on, only to be hypnotised by that bloody purple spinning thing. UNTIL, i had to create more than one account in different names so's that if i couldn't log on in one account i could with others!!
People, i have a million Yahoo stories and i bet you all do too. Today though i celebrated with 3 ice creams on behalf of Yahell. Yes 3, why? because i have 3 yahell accounts!!! Yes folks i am a lard arse....and all 3 were delicious in this heat let me tell you! Now, my birthday is coming up at the end of the month and unfortunately i aint going to be 10...that's right, no real milestone for moi. I am afraid you'll have to wait another 8 or so years till i turn the big 50......and i may just shout you all an ice cream!!! :o)

11 Comments:

Blogger Gel said...

Hun, this is hilarious even though it's so true. THought I was the only one whose gone through "yaHell" (gr8 term), creating new ones when locked out, etc. I hdve not used gmail long, (only 2 months) but I have it ONLY because it is separate from my work email accounts, has sp much storage space (100 MB I think) that's a delight to writers so I use it for blogging only w/ no worry of going over my limit or needing to weed out trash.

I bet you have a ton of people who would offer you an invite, but if not give me a holler. I liked other features of YaHell better except the storage and lockout!! (gmail is pretty plain) but the storage space is terrific & makes up for plain fonts. It does sometimes take forever to load, but no folders are needed. (It has a cool "train of thought way of showing related messages from your pals without needing to flip in an d out of folders. (It's easy to cancel if you don't like it.)

If you do want an invite, I only have 50 left......... (there are no pop ups and they don't hassle you to invite anyone.) BTW, that's cool to look forward to your BD! My half BD is this month (any excuse to celebrate :).

2:00 AM  
Blogger Lois Lane said...

Man you crack me up! So true.
Lois Lane

3:35 AM  
Blogger Jade said...

LOL, I have 5 accounts, well I did anyways till just a day or two ago I got rid of 1 of them still have 4.. but it was great in the beginning. as for Gmail, hey I got that. got lots of invites for it to, never used any, so mine are open, lol

5:43 AM  
Blogger gemmak said...

Somehow me and Yahell never quite saw eye to eye...I have merely one account and I barely use that! As for their chat rooms, despite spending an embarrasing proportion of the last few years in chat rooms and loving it, again yahell didn't do it for me so I turned to IRC and the bots etc. went to pastures new and did the 'booting'. heh.

10:44 AM  
Blogger gemmak said...

p.s.

I do have 3 gmail accounts and I don't use those either...but I have invites if you're after one :o)

10:46 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Ladies ty so much for your gmail invites. I actually do have a gmail account and my invite came from the lovely "Lisa". Unfortunately for me, i really am a creature of habit and have only used it a few times..essentially when i can remember i have it!
See, i knew you'd all have a story to tell!!

6:37 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

Knew i'd open a can of worms w/ the gmail invites, but
****Your YaHELl experience is what is soooooo funny I'm still laughing! Plus hope you really celebrated w/ ice cream. THat's no laughing matter to celebrate w/ scoops and syrup. ;)

2:40 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

GEL~ LOL...its all true,i have a million stories i could tell you re Yahell. The ice cream was on Yahoo, lucky for me i have the 3 accounts hence i got the 3 ice creams!!!

8:33 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

YUM!Both sides of my brain LOVE ice cream. :D

4:58 PM  
Blogger Gel said...

YUM!Both sides of my brain LOVE ice cream. :D

4:58 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

GEL~ LMAO..a post from both sides?

4:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home