Sunday, October 16, 2005

30 Days

Well, i was deciding whether or not i'd have a bitch and moan and rant, and i decided not to,keeping some frustrations to myself for the time being.
So here i am late Sunday arvo,kid is in the pool and i am in the air conditioning! I promised myself it wasn't going on till next month, but my office is HOT! I was also having trouble sleeping at night too, so on it came; who cares it's only $$$$$$$$$$$!
I think my computer monitor is on its way out. One day last week, i was reading some files and "POOF"! It turned itself off. All of last week it's taken me 2 or 3 times to turn the thing on and this morning, a record 5 times! So i better start looking around me thinks.
I am in court all this coming week....joy oh joy! It will be great for my clients to have it over and done with, many are dealing with emotional issues related to the charges.

Something totally unrelated. On Friday night i was watching this show called "30 Days", by creator of Supersize Me, Morgan Spurlock. This series has just started here, although it is on quite late, i don't know if it will have a great audience. Anyhow, he and his fiancee were to live on the American minumum wage of $7 phour for 30 days. They moved to Colombus Ohio without jobs or a place to live. Well watching this honestly made me so angry. I think we have it rough here in OZ, i swear to god, i hope some of those who complain about our living standards apologise. The amount of Americans on such a low wage, disgusts me, but not as much as the things they go through to get that wage. Leaving home at 5am, catching a bus for and hour and a half both ways, for 7 dollars an hour. The thing that made me most angry was the American medical system..............holy shit, wtf is the USA government doing?
Spurlock ended up with a painful wrist, and she with a urinary tract infection, of course both could not afford private health insurance because of the cost, so they went to the ED, just to get checked out by a dr and xrays for both......over $1000!!!! I swear, if any Aussie is reading this...SHUT YOUR MOUTH ABOUT OUR HEALTH SYSTEM!! If that was anyone of us here, we'd have walked out without a bill or paying one red cent! Yes, we have private health cover, but for those on low wages or on the dole, or elderly or welfare, its free medicare, you don't pay!
Another thing that got me about this program, supposedly Congress? has not reviewed the minimum wage in like 10 years. They are too afraid it will fuck up small business......Congress needs to look at countries like Canada and Australia, where our minimum wage is reviewed annually...currently ours is at $12...i think.
My goodness, if that show had any grain of truth to it, every Aussie should take note and be damn grateful for what we have here. It truly disgusted me, and i felt so sorry for those waiting in line to see dr's etc.........it was just horrendus.
LOL, and i said i wouldn't rant!

till next time, Michelle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home