Monday, December 13, 2004

I had to post some xmas presents off to my nephews and neices today in time for xmas. Was funny, i was addressing the parcels and thinking my goodness i was actually there this time last year, and able to give them face to face.
We had a great 4 weeks holiday last xmas, albiet expensive and very busy.
I even bit the bullet and visited my mother ( for "a"s sake) not mine. Even then, it was not all that great. Her husband looked liked he'd not even bathed for a month, and my mother, well she was her usually in denial self. I thought it odd and still do, that she never used to bother asking after her only grandchild after she was born, and that the thought of sending flowers to the hospital when i gave birth never even crossed her mind and that offering to buy a car seat was going to be a huge deal and how dare i not broadcast it!!
I still find it odd now, that my maniacal brother, lord help us, has 2 kids of his own and she only has one picture in her home of them, one of "A" too. I wonder if she remembers my beautiful nieces names? LOL...the woman still denies having to ask what "A"s name was when deciding to send a card ( no gift) for her 3rd bday. I guess i should be grateful, she forgot her 4th bday.
I feel for "A", her dad's parents passed away before she was born. My father did also ( not too sure if he'd have been much better than my mother, if his track record with me is anything to go by...NOOOOOOOOO. Although we were much closer before he died), so my mother and her husband are the only "grandparents" she knows.
None of this seems to bother "A", i guess its because she's known nothing else. It's not like she's lacking in the parental love dept. Her father idolises her and she him. I guess because i had non maternal type parents, i am making up for everything that was missing in my life, ie...being shown love.....being told your special.....playing with your child......building self esteem...lots of hugs and kisses.....and a real interest in what's happening in your life.

2 Comments:

Blogger gemmak said...

I'll second that....she has all she needs to be happy :o)

9:38 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Jack,Gemand Jenny, thanks all for such kind and supportive words :o)

LOL..Jack i will send you some sand!!

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home