Sunday, December 19, 2004

RETURN OF THE ZOMBIE...........

A rough night was to be had in my household last night. Poor "A" was awake till 2.30am this morning howling and sobbing..........she had/has an ear ache.
For the last 2 weeks she has had a little hay fever and a chesty cough. Apart from itchy eyes, and the anti histhamine cured that, no complaints. She was beginning to act out of sorts yesterday afternoon...i thought she may just be tired. By 7.30pm she started to complain her ear was hurting. Its ALWAYS the right ear; every time she has a cold with coughing it always gets inflamed. Normally panadol and ear drops kill the pain till we can get an appointment at the docs. Last night was much worse. I have lived with the type of pain my precious pumpkin was feeling last night/thismorning. A few years ago i too had the worst ear ache i can remember, and like "A" was awake crying begging for the pain to away. The only thing that gave me relief was a heat pack........it took the edge off the pain.
So i gave her the heat pack, a dose of ibuprofin, panadol and ear drops.........and with toy penguin in hand, jumped into bed with me, where i held her hand and told her stories to try and distract the pain till 2.30 am.
She and i, enjoyed 4 hrs sleep till the thousands of parrots woke us.
"A" was feeling much better, and still is this minute at 10 am.......lying in bed watching a dvd!! I must admit, i am too...2 strong coffees and the sunday morning paper whilst sitting on the verandah staring into my tropical wonderland does it for me everytime.

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

Thanks so much for your well wishes Brian. We've both had a lazy day, veging out round the house. Bit cross at myself, i should have been doing things but oh well.
Off to the docs tomorrow for "A"....just to make sure she's ok.
As for my verandah......its big enough for all my blogs friends :o)

5:45 PM  
Blogger magz said...

count me in. glad she's better.. and need to talk to ya. (bookin it, part 2, just introduced ya by phone, unless I get there this month I'm gonna haveta switch locations and bring you here... i cant effectively fake aussie enuff)

1:46 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Wooo hooo....my first time in a book! No worries, just let me know when.

7:36 AM  
Blogger riskybiz said...

Poor kid, earaches can really suck.

12:18 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Risky ~ thanks for popping back :o)
She's much better now..thanks for caring.

6:12 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home