Saturday, November 05, 2005

Give me more hours in the day .....PLEASE!

Idon't know about you, but ever since i first started blogging, i feel compelled to post something, if not, anything even if i have nothing in my head! It's not often my head is filled with nothing, but when the head and body are filled with tiredness, well what can one do? This has been the case this last week. And, of course, last night...no post. The nanoonanoo bug had me, i had to get my word count up and let me tell you, its absolute rubbish.I admire those of you who write so well, for me writing does not come naturally. I have to work at it. It's taken me years to learn to write acceptable academic papers, probably why i write so clinically in rants and posts. LOL i feel all sterile now!
This time of year is rather manic. The courts are trying push through outstanding matters prior to Christmas, and even though i have had few referrals (new clients) my exisiting ones are still a handful. It helps not one iota if all my staff decide to plan holidays at the same time or decide to make themselves unavailable, leaving yours truly to pick up their clients. I have 2 University papers due on Monday, the last for the year, before my final exam on December 1st, but hey what's study right? Anyone who has kids also knows what a busy time it is between now and the end of the year. School Christmas concerts, school fair, school parent teacher interviews, or in my case i hope, principal interview. Let me explain. "A"'s school is trying a new "thing" next year, teachers will choose and invite those children who will be going into 6th and 7th grades next year, that show academic leadership skills, reading, spelling and math skills beyond their years and of course, self motivation and social qualities, all to be put into one class of around 26 kids. I am hoping that "A" is invited into this class. Elitist? Maybe. I try not to think of myself that way, perhaps i am deep down. I only want what's best for her academically and for her to be a happy and contented little soul. I worry about her a lot. Whilst very bright she is a very sensitive little girl. She hates to see other kids picked on and un happy.....it bothers her. She never participates in name calling other kids or teasing other children, even when her close friends on occasion do. She can burst into tears if i raise my voice to her. I remember one day, she was at a friend of hers house a few doors down the road. She came running home crying her eyes out, i asked what was wrong and she said her friends mum and dad were yelling at the brothers and sisters.
I count my lucky stars that the school she attends, whilst public, is great with a no bullying policy. Of course you get the bossy kids, but she has managed to avoid them, making school life for "A" an enjoyable experience. For now, that it. In 2 years time when she goes to high school, i will be a mess with worry, i hope by then she will learn to stand up for herself and not let kids dominate her. We'll see.
Well folks i have bored you enough with my tired thoughts. I hope to have a very early night so i can finish these last 2 papers and perhaps have a relaxing swim in the pool tomorrow, although if "A" has her way relaxing won't get a look in! Have a relaxing weekend all :)


till next time, Michelle.

NANOWRIMO updated word count 4019

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home