Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Drug testing in Schools

Just as a sideline to yesterdays post, i was listening to the news this morning and the State government is prosposing drug testing in high schools. Personally i think this is crushing any type of trust we have formed with young people. Assuming that the majority of 16 and 17 yolds use drugs is insane. Imagine the attitude these young people will have. Schools are NOT babysitters for our children. You can not expect them to assume a parental role.........that is our job, to talk and build a trust with our kids. What's more, same government is proposing those with tests coming back positive will be expelled! Just bloody minded if you ask me. Surely it would achieve more in the long term to provide assistance to the child whilst they continue their schooling? Love to hear your thoughts.
**************************************************

NANOWRIMO is underway! LOL, i am already behind and it's only day 1 !!! I am up to 1,663 words, and counting! I shall be leaving a running tally at the bottom of each post on a daily basis. I'm already worn out, i don't like my chances of coping with 30 days, we'll see.
**************************************************
I hope this air conditiong tradesman comes tomorrow, i am dying a slow death here in this heat,as is "A" and this computer.

*****************************************************
The race that stops the nation was held today here in OZ. Me being "an old Melbourne girl", had my bet, and lost sadly. I think my 3 horses i had in a trifecta are still running! Congrats to Makybe Diva and her connections.........3 Melbourne Cups in a row, never ever been done before. They'll all have sore heads in the morning!

Well, that's it for me for now, tomorrow is hump day! See you all then :o)

till next time, Michelle.


Nanowrimo daily word count 1,663

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home