Thursday, January 18, 2007

Flotsam & Jetsam

I have enjoyed every minute "A" and i have had on holidays. Its been so much fun laughing & giggling & teasing each other;she really is an absolute delight to be around. One more week left before she heads into the 7th grade and her last year of primary school. The last 5 weeks we've spent, baking, reading, swimming, watching movies, taking photos, visiting the aquarium and the wildlife sanctuary and just generally enjoying each others company and the Summer sun :o)
Its also given me a chance to unwind and relax. I love not having to rush of a morning.....getting "A" to school......and organising myself for a day in court......visits with clients..........a zillion phonecalls........or motivating myself for a day of study and deadlines. There has been none of this for 5 weeks......heaven!! I still have a few more weeks off....Judges not back yet :o) and University semester does not begin till the end of February. So when "A" goes back, i'll have time to myself for a few weeks before another year of life in the fast lane!! I still have more books to read & enjoy......cross stitch......scrap booking.......and general lounging around.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
How good are you at consuming things in your fridge before having to throw them out?
My NY resolution was not to have one, but i kind of did a back flip...........i decided this year, i was not going to throw away as much food from the fridge as i normally do. I am very bad......very. I buy food...fruit...eggs etc with the best of cooking intentions. However a few weeks go by and i find half a watermelon still not cut.....and all mushy!! OR, go to make acake only to find the eggs i want to use are hollow!! This year, i am doing pretty well so far, i think i have only thrown out a green pepper!! How bad are you??

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home