Sunday, December 05, 2004

Ahem.....OOooooK....excuse my outburst,i tend to frustrate easily!!

Well its started. The dreaded xmas parties. I hate them. I would much prefer to stay home, chill out watch tv/dvd.....do my own thing, than attend these things.
The first is today, its a beach one for the kids here at the beach. "A" is looking forward to it so can't let her down, besides i paid $5 for a santa gift..lol. At least its overcast...hot though..round 80dgs...28c. They have all the usual kids stuff..jumping castles......water slides.....kids get free food, drinks and candy/lollies. Then santa arrives to hand out the gifts. Unfortunately, many of the parents tend to get smashed and not tend to their kids. And me, not being a drinker during the day ( i don't mind having one of an evening), has to listen to all the drinking stories and bullshit that comes from the mouths of these men and women. I swear, in all the places i have lived, this place can take the record for the amount of alcohol consumed per head. One friend of mines husband revealed to me that in a usual week he would buy......2 slabs of beer, a number of bottles of wine,bottle of jack daniels and a bottle of bourbon. This amount would be consumed by he and his wife. Now if there is a party..........you may as well double it. A party would occur there once a month. It's not just this couple....its probably every third or so household here. Considering there are only 250 homes......you do the math.
So tomorrow i have my work's xmas luncheon. Not a big affair as there are only about 8 of us here. Still, it will give me a chance to say goodbye to my boss and give everyone else the news that i will be filling his shoes as of January 2005.
Tomorow night sees "A" and her school concert at the local community hall. I hate these too. I have to sit through pre school through to grade 4 "A"s grade before i get to hear her sing. The principal is leaving this year ( no great loss) so his usual half hour speech will be 2hrs!!!!
Then next weekend is another party...............crap, i just don't do parties!!!!!
I am much better in a situation where there are 5 or 6 people......not 100+

4 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

I love the rain too...its the cold i can't take to. The cold gets into my bones and i just find it difficult to relax. LOL the only 35 i want to see is celcius not degrees!! Brian if its raining and cold you won't get your chores done now that your on holidays....

6:27 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Jack, you don't need an invite.....door is always open, as with any of my blog buds...more than welcome.
Snow is pretty, but its the cold that near kills me....brrrrrr. I went cross country skiing once, spent my time in the bar and hot tub..LOL

4:09 PM  
Blogger gemmak said...

I am soooooooo with you on this one......I HATE parties and hate more those who cajole me into going to them and pretending I'm having a fab time! not.

7:06 AM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Gem~ YES! I hate the usual drunk that hangs all over you, then there's the dance on the table kinda drunk,then there's the spit in yer face kinda drunk...eeeeck!

3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home