Thursday, August 03, 2006

Cloud Free

Not a cloud in the sky at 7 am this morning.

Not had the pleasure of doing a meme for quite some time however "Faith" has tagged me for a "Book" meme, me being the self confessed biblophile that i am, could not refuse :o)

1. Name one book that has changed your life.

To Kill a Mockingbird. It was the first "adult" book i read, i was 12.

2. Name one book you've read more than once.

First Blood. I read this when i was 15, it hadn't even been thought of as a movie. I loved it so much i re read it straight after i finished it!! ( The movie was crap!!).

3. One book you'd take to a desert island.

I think i'd take something by Alexander McCall Smith. He's a wonderful writer, very light hearted and descriptive.

4. One book that made you laugh.

Well, it's not mine, but my daughters. She loves Babette Cole, so Dr Dog made/makes me laugh!

5. One book that made you cry.

Riding the bus with my sister, by Rachel Simon.

6. One book you wish had been written.

Ok this one is a difficult one. Probably one written by me, detailing my life as a child and how having parents who felt that parenting was a duty and a chore, rather than a labour of love, created who i am as a person today. I would then make sure that i send it to my mother.

7. One book you wished had never been written.

I think writing is a gift. I don't believe any book should not be written. It is up to ourselves to choose to read or not to read, and to educate and perform research to find out for ourselves whether or not a book contains material we choose to believe or not.

8. One book you're currently reading.

The life of PI, by Yann Martel.

9. One book you've been meaning to read.

Shadowboxing, by Tony Martin.

Thanks for the tag Faith, i will refrain from tagging, but i encourage you all to give this one a go!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home