Sunday, April 01, 2007

Bohemian Rhapsody Revisited!


Both photos were taken at the local public gardens in town here. The "Hill" makes a unique backdrop, especially on dusk :o)
A huge thankyou to all of you for your birthday wishes.....they really do mean alot :o)
I spent the day working, however i have had a wonderful weekend spent in the outdoors.....at the beach....the gardens......browsing in bookshops.......strolling through markets and eating and drinking my way through the many fine restaurants here.
A little nostalgia crept in last night as i watched a television special at some ungodly hour on "Queen". I was never a huge fan of Queen when i was a kid, my brother only liked two bands in his whole teenage life...."KISS" and "Queen"! Our house ( when my father was out) roared with the music from both of these bands, so i was kind of forced to listen otherwise leave! "Bohemian Rhapsody" was played over and over, a huge hit in Australia, radio and televsion playing it over and over again. I never appreciated the music style of Queen...their uniqueness and talent passing me by. I stuck to my Fleetwood Mac....Steely Dan.....Neil Young & Elton John.
Listening to the television special last night had me re live "Your my Best Friend" & "Bohemian Rhapsody", learning about the production of each record, the massive layering of the voices in the studio, Freddy's perfectionism.....the bands admiration of each other, so much so, i had to run out and purchase one of their albums!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home