Thursday, January 12, 2006

Telemarketers :)

The phone rang as we were sitting down to dinner. I answered
it and was greeted with, "Is this Willma Wagenhoss?"

This didn't sound anything like my name, so I asked, "Who is
calling?"The telemarketer said he was with The Rubberband-Powered
Freezer Company or something like that.

I asked him if he
knew Willma personally and why was he was calling this
number. I then said, off to the side, "Get really good
pictures of the body and all the blood."


I turned back to the phone and advised the caller that he had
called a murder scene and must stay on the line because we
had already traced this call and he would be receiving a
summons to appear at the local courthouse to testify in this
murder case.


I questioned the caller at great length as to his name, address,
phone number at home, at work, who he worked for, how he
knew the dead guy and could he prove where he had been
about one hour before he made this call. The telemarketer was
getting very concerned and his answers were given in a shaky
voice.


I proceeded to tell him we had located his position at his work
place and the police were entering the building to take him into
custody. At this point, I heard the phone fall and the scurrying
of his running away.

As I returned to our table,I had tears
streaming down my face and so help me, I couldn't speak for
about fifteen minutes. My food was cold, but oh-so-very
enjoyable!

till next time, Michelle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home