Thursday, April 06, 2006

Brighter Day Tomorrow



Well, as you can see from the above photo, the sun is shining, i just wish my day had been as sunny.
Poor "A" woke up wit a scratchy sore throat and dizzyness, soon after, threw up. Just as i got her settled, half the power went off in the house! So, half my house has power, and the half none! I can't get an electrician till Monday :( so we'll have to go through the weekend without it.
Fortunately, "A" brightened up during the day, and managed to keep a heap of water down without throwing up. I just hope tomorrow will be a bit brighter for her.
Whilst caring for her, i managed to read the newspaper and came across an article about a high school in my town text messaging parents whose children are not at school for the day, in other words "wagging". Each time a student had an unauthorised absence a message would be sent to their mum and dad. I was surprised to learn that morethan 200 Aussie schools use this system, with absenteeism reduced by 90%. I'm not entirely sure i agree with this type of thing, so where i am concerned, the jury is still out.
I just finished watching The Amazing Race, man those hippies make me laugh!

till next time, Michelle.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home